General Discussion 8

What do they call this kind of presentation / cuisine?

tvdxer | Jan 12, 200808:45 PM

I know, a silly title, but an honest one.

I'm thinking of the way food is served in "fancy" restaurants, like this:

http://www.kobenhavn.no/restauranter.... (top image).

I'm thinking of courses that take up only about 10% of the plate they are served on, lines traced using crumbs or sauces, and what seems like a desire to present each ingredient in a dish individually. I hope those here can see what I mean from the pictures, based on their similarities. What is this style called? Is it "nouvelle cuisine"? Where did it originate?

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›
Log In or Sign Up to comment