My husband and I are heading for a weekend trip to Vancouver in early June. I've been there with my sister and really enjoyed Blue Water - so I'd like to take him there. I'd also like to try Vij's on Thursday evening (since I've heard such good things about it from my Vancouver friends). And I've heard that Guu has some good offerings (although it appears to have several locations and I'm not sure which to try). So I have a few questions ... [we're staying at the Metropolitan Hotel, in case that affects any responses to these questions]:
1. What time should we show up at Vij's on Thursday so the wait for a table isn't crazy?
2. What are some recommendations for sushi (at lunch)? I know that there are tonnes of places, but I'd like to end up somewhere fresh and creative (maybe with a younger hipper feel to it). I don't want to just walk into a place and take the chance of being disappointed.
3. What are some suggestions for great (local) brew pubs (with pub food) and/or great (freshly made) burgers?
4. What are some suggestions for (a different) breakfast (not hotel buffets)?
5. Finally, if there are indeed various Guu locations, which one is "best"?
Thanks so much!