Having heard so much about the charcuterie, I was very happy to hear from the hostess at a wine tasting that her selection was from Cafe Rouge. I'd tried the duck liver mousse once before and it was as fabulous as ever with perhaps a stronger mace/allspice-like note in this batch. The rabbit paté was also wonderful. Yet, what blew me away was the pork headcheese. Served at warm room temperature, the aspic was somewhat melty, softening the various pig parts too, and the flavors were incredibly rich and complex. I understand the headcheese is only available about every two weeks.
We also had a terrific selection of cheeses to enjoy with -
1. Blandy's 10 year old Malmsey Madeira
2. Warre's Otima 20 year old Tawny Port
3. 1996 Graham's Malvedos Vintage Port
4. 1999 Niepoort LBV Porto
5. 2005 J.-Y. A. Lebreton Cabernet D'Anjou rose'
6. 2003 ey Muscat de Rivesaltes
7. 2002 Le Dauphin de Guiraud Sauternes
8. 1999 Hetszolo Tokaji Aszu 5 puttonyons
9. 2002 Lenz Moser Trockenbeerenauslese Burgenland Austria
10.Hidalgo Cream Napolean Manzanilla Sherry
11.Clocktower Australian Port
12.R. L. Buller and Son, Premium Fine Muscat, Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia