just got back from cabo and had some great dining experiences.
1. don emiliano in San Jose. flawless meal prepared with love from master chef margarita. Sampler of tamales, hibiscus and agave flower quesadilla with pumpkin seed paste, mano de leon diver scallops with bride's mole, mango and nut dessert, great wine list. i COULD dine here every night and much more reasonable priced then many high end restaurants in baja. corkage is $20
2. taquiza tacos: opens late but the best tacos al pastor ever. i think i ate 10 before i waived the white flag.
3. nick-san sushi is great. the scallops dynamite appetizer, fresh tuna on crispy wonton, Japanese octopus, everything was good except i didn't care for the halibut.
4. Amarone at the marina. great gnocchi with prosciutto and caprese salad. that was all i ate but it was the best gnocchi i have had in a long time.
5. Sushi at the bistro at PB Sunset. very fresh and great portion. sunset on the patio with a glass of clase azul and a cuban cigar. works for me.