Just looking for your thoughts... I have lived in Austin since 1993 and grew up in San Antonio -- thus the subject...
For Austin, my favorites are:
* The bean-burger and the poblano burger at EZs (alright, that's a San Antonio import). The bean burger isn't a standard greasy burger (which I love) but there is just something about it that gets me to keep craving it.
* The standard burger (OT) at Dirty Martin's.
* I've never been a Hut's fan -- too many choices and I haven't had one that I just love. Nau's Enfield Drug has a great greasy burger -- it's just up West Lynn road from Hut's.
* Casino el Camino and Mike's Pub have great burgers too but for some reason I end up at EZs alot more (parking and proximity, I'm afraid are big reasons).
* The burgers at the Crown & Anchor by campus is also good, but by then I've usually had about a pitcher of beer...
By the way, I was surprised with the burgers at Waterloo Ice House off of Burnet. Alot better than I had expected.
As for San Antonio, my favorites are:
* Tycoon Flats near Trinity University. I love their burgers... I was there last about a month ago and their burgers are still great and they have some great margaritas.
* Chester's. They use poppy seeds on their buns and their burgers are amazing.
* Longhorn Cafe off of Blanco. Great shakes too. Starting going there in high school...
* Little Hipp's.
Thoughts? What am I leaving off?