1 SuggestionExpand Map
Summary: at $108/pp (half-price for kids) it's not worth it.
Stations I tried along with a grade
- Bread: About 5-7 varieties, none warm and super fresh. Grade: B
- Breakfast (eggs benedict, scrambled, waffles, bacon): Fairly blah, they couldn't even get the temperature right. I could do better just about anywhere, really. Grade: C
- Cold cuts: 4 different kinds of salami, ham, head cheese, small combo dishes, trimmings. Apple/pear drink as a palate cleanser - excellent. Grade: A-
- Salad: 3-4 salads, different types of toast/crisp/chips, 3-4 dressings. Toast / crisp - excellent, the rest was good but not great. Grade: B+.
- Caviar: red, black and tobiko. You could justify the cost of the admission by loading up on black caviar but it is fairly low grade. Still, it went quickly and they had to keep putting out a new tin often. Red caviar is not even sushi-grade. The trimmings - small blinis, thinly buttered bread and 4-6 other additions were excellent. While quality of caviar could have been better, together with the accouterments it made for some good eats. Grade: B+
- Sushi/Sashimi: 3-4 varieties of nigiri sushi, a couple of sashimi choices (sake,maguro). Blah. Not even close to what you would get in an above average sushi restaurant in Bay Area, forget top places. Good: ceviche and other mini 'composed' dishes. Grade: C
- Seafood: clams, crab claw, oysters, shrimp, larger shellfish plus 4-5 different sauces, seaweed, a few types of rolls. The oysters were small and utterly forgettable. Only 1 variety. Clams were good, the rest was ok. Grade: B
- Cheese: 5 different kinds, with all major types represented (blue, cow, goat, soft/hard, etc) plus 4-5 different trimmings (dried fruit, nuts,etc). Excellent. Grade: A
- Dessert: the best station overall in terms of variety and quality. 4-5 different kinds of cookies, 4-5 different kinds of high-end chocolate, creme brulee prepared live, 6-8 diff mini desserts (eclairs, tiramisu, green tea mini cakes), ice cream. The only disappointment was creme brulee - it was in the right neighborhood but not great. The rest was excellent to fantastic. Grade: A+
by Jen Wheeler | Looking for some easy 4th of July dessert ideas that are ideal for grilling season? Look no further...
by David Watsky | You're well on your way to a great grilling season with our 13 most popular BBQ recipes and even a...
by Joey Skladany | Ladies and gentlemen, may we present to you the wine pop, a.k.a. your new favorite (and innovative...
by Amy Schulman | Best friends Malaka Wilson-Greene and Erica Freeman didn’t expect to land in the baking world. The...