I was wondering if anyone could make any great food suggestions in Westchester. About 2 years ago, my wife and I moved out of Brooklyn to Yonkers and we have been searching to find quality restaurants for a while. A lot of the place that we have found are either super expensive or bland.
Maybe we just know where to go. Good restaurants, markets, places to go for fish or beers or views, etc.?
The one thing that we do miss about Brooklyn is the easy availability of a great variety of ethnic foods and restaurant options. Of course, we are not looking for Brooklyn in Yonkers (in fact, I’d really like Brooklyn to stay in Brooklyn as opposed to the “New Brooklyn” in the Hudson Valley or in Spain or wherever), but there must be great and unique foods around in Westchester.
So, if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear.
Places we’ve liked:
• Saltaire in Port Chester – amazing happy hour, great bar.
• Nawab in Yonkers. Delicious quality Pakistani/Indian.
• We love some of the breweries, including Broken Bow & Captain Lawrence.
• H2O is a great place, especially at the bar (noticing a trend?).
• Coals in Bronxville for an incredibly thin slice, amazing.
• Beer Noggin is really nice.
• Bridgeview in Sleepy Hollow for great bar food