I am looking for restaurant suggestions to take my fiancee for her 29th B-day based on the following criteria:
1) Must be able to get a reservation on March 9th or no-reserv. policy is OK.
2) Pref Manhattan but Bklyn would be possible if close to Subway
3) Expect to spend up to $75 pp if a tasting menu/prix fixe type thing +tax,tip,drinks
4) Prefer something slightly dressy rather than "homey" type feel. Jacket required not a problem, business casual minimum expected but not some place that will "push" wine or bottled water and get upset if we just get a couple cocktails.
5) We like any seafood we've come across (sushi incl), she likes duck, squab, quail type stuff too. Also like French/Swiss - not big on steak & chops. We typically like dishes on the ecclectic/fusion side but classic French, e.g., is fine also.
6) We've been to Nobu - like that a lot. We're thinking of going to Next Door but I wanted to entertain something new. Liked Grammercy Tavern Room also.
7) Dessert is important for her but not at the expense of the main meal.
We're considering River Cafe in Bklyn, any thoughts?
Sorry for all the particulars but thought it might help narrow down the choices. Looking for someplace new to try, ecclectic/exotic atmosphere is a plus but food quality is most important.