3 SuggestionsExpand Map
I've got to round up a birthday gift for a friend who has too much stuff already, and I was thinking I might get her some food gifts instead. She does not cook except once in a blue moon -- it's just tedious and no fun to her, and there is no cookbook, kitchen tool or ingredient that will change that. She does like tasty food, however. So, I'm thinking of a food gift, or a subscription, or possibly a restaurant gift card or something like that, and hoping that folks here can help me out.
A few particulars:
- No alcohol. She just doesn't like it.
- She likes fruit but has some odd reaction to certain fruit peels/skins -- peaches, not sure what else. I think berries, cherries and grapes are fine.
- She likes cheese but can't eat too much dairy, and doesn't have terribly elevated cheese tastes.
- She likes charcuterie and will trample her momma for good prosciutto.
- She's less interested in fine dining than a really good plate of chicken and waffles.
- Chocolate good, but milk only.
- Tasty baked goods yes.
- Ice cream yes.
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.