I've got to round up a birthday gift for a friend who has too much stuff already, and I was thinking I might get her some food gifts instead. She does not cook except once in a blue moon -- it's just tedious and no fun to her, and there is no cookbook, kitchen tool or ingredient that will change that. She does like tasty food, however. So, I'm thinking of a food gift, or a subscription, or possibly a restaurant gift card or something like that, and hoping that folks here can help me out.
A few particulars:
- No alcohol. She just doesn't like it.
- She likes fruit but has some odd reaction to certain fruit peels/skins -- peaches, not sure what else. I think berries, cherries and grapes are fine.
- She likes cheese but can't eat too much dairy, and doesn't have terribly elevated cheese tastes.
- She likes charcuterie and will trample her momma for good prosciutto.
- She's less interested in fine dining than a really good plate of chicken and waffles.
- Chocolate good, but milk only.
- Tasty baked goods yes.
- Ice cream yes.