Boston hounds spending a week gallery and museum hopping, staying in son's Carrol Gardens apartment.. I know the places on Smith and Court pretty well, looking forward to dinner at Al di La, Lucali, etc.but we will be spending most of our time during the day visiting the Whitney, Neue Galerie, Guggenheim etc, MOMA, and Chelsea galleries, and would prefer NOT to eat in the museums. Three geographic areas right there.
What we are looking for are authentic, non-touristy, reasonably priced places to grab a lunch of
- ramen soup, so soothing and restorative
- onigiri ( those rice sandwiches?)
- interesting middle eastern type food
- real French pastry, oh yeah
- Chinese dessert buns with red bean paste, etc.
- would like to try malaysian, indonesian, vietnamese, mexican, whatever
We don't mind walking, are not big meat eaters, nor are we big spenders, and prefer to cover a lot of ground nibbling different things rather than having one big blow out meal. For instance, on a previous visit we had the Tea Box at Takashimaya, banh mi in some tiny place, etc.
What are your BEST suggestions? Thank you so much!