Hello all! My husband and I will be traveling to Bordeaux in about a week. We still need some help on Restaurants & Wineries. We hail from San Francisco, so we're very familiar with wine & food and aren't afraid to get adventurous.
Restaurant for Saturday:
- Looking for lively, semi-casual, and have a wide variety of wines to taste.
- A wine bar with an extended food menu, perhaps?
Any winery/chateaux recommendations?
- We'd like to skip the "big famous" houses
- Prefer smaller, family run wineries that we can't generally find in the US
- Traditional or avant garde. (We like it all and can appreciate all well-made wines for what they are)
- Prefer not to do full vineyard tours, we are very familiar with how wine is made.
- Small group or private tasting where we can converse with someone is involved with making the wine as we taste preferred
- Need not be English speaking, my husband speaks French fluently and I understand most in the context of wine
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!