I have thoroughly searched the posts to research restaurants between Bolzano and Verona and Milan for our trip this summer. My wife and I are cycling from town to town starting in Bolzano and ending in Verona. We also have a day trip to Mantua and will spend a night in Milan.
I have made several reservations and want to see what people think of my choices and advise on where I have some holes. thanks.
Bolzano: arrive form Milan; Dinner: nothing fussy planned. Maybe try Vogele?
* stopping for lunch at Zur Rose
* no dinner planned in Ora. Any advice?
* possibly try to stop on Santlhof Fraz for lunch en route to Trento. Do I need reservations?
* Dinner: reservation at Il Libertino
Trento to Desenzano:
* any advice on lunch maybe in riviera del garda?
* dinner in desenzano? not looking for too fancy (i.e. l'esplanade does not sound up our ally)
Desenzano to Verona (Sunday):
* dinner: Locanda 4 cuochi
Verona (day trip to mantua) (Monday)
* need a lunch rec for Mantau that is open on Monday. Have eliminated: Ai Ranari, Il Cigno dei Martini, L'ochina bianca, fragoletta, Due Cavallini because they are either closed on Monday or on holiday. This would leave Aquila Nigra but I think it is probably too upscale for a couple that's just cycled 30+ miles
* dinner: Antica Bottega del Vini (should I try and walk into Al Pompiere or Al Duomo instead)
Verona to Milan:
* lunch: Ratana?
* dinner: Mes Amis?
Thanks in advance for any advice on the itinerary and thanks for all of the posters whose advice I mined to put this together.