+
Cheese

bizarre cheese-mouth reaction

messycook | Jun 7, 200401:10 PM     44

The weirdest thing happened the other day....I ate a bite of some appelenzer (spelling?) and my mouth almost instantly felt itchy and then after a few minutes it felt like it had many tiny cuts in it. I am not allergic to cheese, and I've eaten tons of different kinds of it in the past. My throat didn't close up nor did I have any other signs of anaphalactic shock. Significant other tasted it and said it was "weird" but he didn't have the same reaction. The feeling went away after I ate some plain crackers and rinsed my mouth out a lot.

Any ideas?! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›

Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.

Email a Friend

More from Chowhound

Christmas Cookie HQ: The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Cookie Baking
Guides

Christmas Cookie HQ: The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Cookie Baking

by Jen Wheeler | Holiday baking season means lots of cookies, and we have plenty of great Christmas cookie recipes...

Christmas Cheesecake: The Most Wonderful Dessert of the Year
Explainers

Christmas Cheesecake: The Most Wonderful Dessert of the Year

by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...

Christmas Crack: The Easiest and Most Addictive Holiday Gift
How To

Christmas Crack: The Easiest and Most Addictive Holiday Gift

by Mijon Zulu | Want some crack? I mean, crackle? People who have had it love it and it takes less than an hour to...

15 Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes: You Be the Judge
Recipe Round-Ups

15 Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes: You Be the Judge

by Caitlin M. O'Shaughnessy | Since August 4 is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, we rounded up the very best chocolate chip cookie...

Get fresh food news delivered to your inbox

Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.