I firmly believe that Marc Dixon is the best chef in Howard County. I have eaten dozens of great meals at Bistro Blanc.Tonight I had the pleasure of trying his special Restaurant Week menu including a tremendous sous vide flank steak that could pose as tenderloin. On the other hand, I find the management and ownership ruin the place. The staff is often ill prepared and the menus, winelists and pricetags are often incorrect. The management policies also make your bill a surprise.
Please help me figure out if it's me or does the management ruin the best dining experience in Howard County.
Case in point. Today for Howard County Restaurant Week:
1. There is no established pricing for the county like DC and other metro areas. (i.e. 20.09 lunch, 30.09 dinner)
2. There is no listed price on line for the Bistro Blanc Restaurant Week dinner or on the menu in the restaurant.
3. When asked the waitress said the menu was 30.09.
4. When the bill arrived the price was 35.09. (It was changed in the computer between 5 and 6 pm)
5. Normaly, wine is priced on the bottle for takeout and a 10.00 corkage fee is applied when eating in.
6. From 2-6pm Tuesday-Saturday corkage fees are waived.
7. On Tuesday nights during dinner (open at 5pm) bottle wine is half-price, but 10.00 corkage applies.
1. What price should I pay for my Restaurant Week dinner?
2. What price should I pay for my wine between 5-6pm on a Tuesday night?
3. Why do I get an incorrect bill everytime I eat here?