Hello, 2 of us are travelling to Paris the first week of May. I'm working on finalizing our restaurant itinerary in another thread (http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/1010720). Based on what I've gathered, I have a tentative list of places for baked goods, pastry, chocolates, cheese, bars, etc and would be thankful for some feedback. Logistical info - we'll be staying in the Haut Marais area and do not speak French. Think Paris has so many good places, that going super far for something may not be necessary but if something good lies at a distance, we're open to travel.
A few questions that I have:
1. Locations - I read that Monge location of Eric Kayser is the one to go to. For the others, are there any specific locations that are good or are they all comparable?
2. Bread & Cheese - Is there a way to try multiple breads from a baker (other than purchasing a whole bunch of loaves)? Since it's just 2 of us, one loaf of something will probably last us a while. For cheese, I read that 'Salon du fromage Hisada' has a tasting room but for the likes of Laurent Dubois, is it trying a few options at the store and then purchasing the ones that you like to eat outside the store?
3. Charcuterie - Can good charcuterie be found at some wine bars or should we plan to visit some Charcuterie stores as well? Ideally, we would like to visit some wine bars with great cheese and charcuterie but I'm not sure if that would be possible.
Finally, could you please share what are your favorite things to have at these (any any other recommended) places?
- Maison Landemaine (close by)
- Boulangerie Pichard
- Les Pains d'Alexis
- Du Pain et Des Idées (close by)
- Des Gâteaux et du Pain
- Eric Kayser - Monge location
- boulangerie Anthony bosson
- 134 r.d.t Boulangerie-Pâtisserie (close by)
- Carl Marletti
- Jacques Genin (close by)
- Pain de Sucre (close by)
- L’Éclair de Génie (close by)
- Sébastien Gaudard - Pâtisserie des Martyrs
- Liberté pâtisserie-boulangerie par Benoît Castel (close by)
- Maison Georges LARNICOL (close by)
- Laurent Duchene
- Fromagerie Laurent Dubois (close by)
- Ferme Saint hubert
- Salon du fromage Hisada
- Chez l'Auvergnat
- Ô Chateau
- Le Barav (close by)
- Willi's Wine Bar (Close to Juveniles)
- Cocktails - Le Mary Celeste (and maybe Sunday dinner as well) (close by)
- Patrick Roger
- Michael Chaudin
- Pascal Le Gac Chocolatier
- Un Dimanche à Paris (I'm guessing the chocolates would be at the La Boutique?)
- Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse ( to bring back)
- Marche d'Aligre
- Bastille on Sunday
- Marche d l'Anima?