My hubby and I have done all the google searches and have bought books, but they are more aesthetic as opposed to authentic and functional. We are planning to build and outdoor pizza over where we can roast meats, make pizzas, and cook veggies in. We want an authentic Italian pizza oven so we can even bake bread to get that nice crust.
1. We heard through word of mouth that you are supposed to pile the wood on one side (left?) because of heat or something, but there is a specific side. Anyone hear this?
2. Secondly, the opening should be small correct, or does that not really matter?
3. Anyone have pics or stories about theirs; advice, problems, suggestions?
4. We see those kits but ny husband who is an architect and works a lot supervising job sites wants to do this himself. Is this a D-I-Y project?
5. Could we attach and outdoor fireplace along side or should this be separate?
Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is being built under a large pergola and outdoor living area so it will be a focal point. His engineering mentality is plan, plan, plan and do it once but do it right. It has worked for us so far.