OK. So now youve selected the ideal restaurant (Chowhound Know How), decided not to Cut & Run, & are mid-chow. What are those non-food annoyances that might, either individually or cumulatively, dissuade you from returning? For your consideration:
MR. GRUB'S TOP 15 RESTAURANT ANNOYANCES
1. Unpriced daily specials: If printed menu has printed prices, spoken menu should have spoken prices.
2. Crashing dishes courtesy of buspersons
3. The exhilarating aroma of Pinesol
4. Supercharged, aggressively friendly servers: Hi, my name is Debbie Ruth. Ill be your server tonight. How you guys doin? Ill be right back. Swooosh.
5. Ancient, my-feet-hurt servers: Tonights special (groan) is (achhh) meatloaf.
6. Servers insistently call couples (including the intoxicatingly feminine Mme. Grubbe) you guys.
7. Ear-bleeding noise
8. Tables so close together you cant get out of your seat
9. Dining room temperature: 600 degrees; wine room temperature: 550 degrees
10. Tippy tables
11. Are you still working on that? Yep, just waiting for the glue to dry.
12. Clearing one diners place before another diner is finished.
13. Having to order your own side dishes: Would you like Maes potatoes or fennel rice pilaf with that?
14. Servers carefully place fork from course A on table to be used with course B.
15. Servers persistently pour your wine, including the last few drops, sediment and all.