A group of Chowhounds had a lovely time on Sunday afternoon at the Mandarin Oriental for afternoon tea. One of our erstwhile attendees, Valerie, will be posting about it soon. Our experience has prompted me to suggest an Afternoon Tea Trail. I would like to organise successive visits to a number of teahouses over the next few weeks. Here are my recommendations:
1. Ritz Carlton Afternoon Tea
2. Nieman Marcus Rotunda Tea
3.Palace Hotel Tea
4. Green Gulch Farm Japanese Yea Ceremony
5. Uresenke Foundation Japanese Tea Ceremony
6. Lovejoys Tearoom
7. Talytara Tea Room
8. Chez Panisse (tea and dessert)
9. Elizabeth F Gamble Garden Center(once a month tea and scones extravaganza on an old estate in Palo Alto)
Those of you who would like to attend any of these please email me with your preferences and I can work on the dates.
by Hana Asbrink | Pixabay Welcome to Chow with...
by Jessica Gentile | Ahh, the great outdoors. You hiked the trails, pitched a tent, and inhaled the freshest air you've...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.