Line Brew in Astana provides some of the best steaks in the city, bar none. Part of an upmarket chain owned by a well-known socialite-lawyer, Line Brew Mix consisted of two main dining sections: a Cantonese-Sichuanese section helmed by a Singaporean chef, and an American-style steakhouse which also offers local
horse-steaks besides beef, and Russian staples.
Four of us at dinner last night:
- Arugula salad with dried duck-meat, ricotta and pineapples
- Horse-meat fillet salad with balsamic dressing
- Mozzarella and tomato salad
- Pelmeni dumplings with mutton-horse filling, served with sour-cream
- Filet Mignon steak, accompanied by roasted bone marrow with sea salt
- T-bone steak
- Horse-meat steak
- Beef Stroganoff
Overall, superb meats done very well, with fresh, top-grade ingredients. Service was top-notch and the live music (very good jazz singer) was icing on the cake. We skipped dessert as the two ladies in our dinner party would rather have an after-dinner smoke of the shisha - very popular here amongthe Kazakhs.
Line Brew Mix
75, Zhambyl Street