I've noticed different in the way fresh blueberries have aged that perhaps someone can explain.
Early in the season BBs (from FL or NC,) seemed to develop a spot of white (mold?) rather quickly. Usually after 3 days, all remaining bbs would be completely moldy.
Now it seems that BBs (from NJ) dry out if not eaten quickly. Even after a week, no white spots appear.
Then and now the BBs sat in the vented plastic container on my kitchen counter. Given the increased humidity of a NYC summer, I would think the BBs would get moldier rather than drier, but that's not the case.
One last thing, I know fresh is better but is there any reason not to eat the dried out bbs?