Is It An Aebleskiver Pan?


Live your best food life.

Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Sign Up For Free
Cookware 9

Is It An Aebleskiver Pan?

BoringUsername | Jan 8, 2012 08:17 AM

I have a vintage cast iron pan that looks very similar to an aebleskiver pan; it has seven deep wells and a skillet type handle. BUT all aebleskiver pans I've seen have round wells, and this one has six heart shaped wells and a star in the center. Obviously, I won't be able to cook the classic aebleskiver way which is to give a pancake type batter 1/4 turns in the wells until the batter is done on all sides of the sphere. Anybody know what this pan really is and/or have a recipe for cooking in it?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound