OK, I'll be driving the I-75 corridor, from Toronto to Clearwater FLA, and I'm looking for THE BEST places for roadfood along the way - OH, KY, TN, GA, FLA
We love simple authentic, homey, real-deal food, and we're looking for GREAT places, not just a long list of options. We will only have 4 meals going down, and the same going back, so we want to know where you would stop if you had just one meal in the area.
- Fried Chicken - bonus points if it's a 'meat and three' or buffet-style with great suth'n sides
- Fried Fish or Seafood
- Real BBQ - bonus points for NC vinegar style, SC mustard style, and for regional specialties
- Great Burgers - bonus points for places that grind their own beef, fresh-cut fries, retro drive-ins
- Chinese food - varies a lot by region, so tell me dishes you love and the restaurant that's best
- Pizza, Stromboli, & italian - what style and what makes it special?
- Sandwiches - Grinders, Heroes, Subs, Hoagies, etc. - especially real italian cold-cut subs with giardinere, cheesesteaks, and meatball subs made on toasted garlicky bread.
PLUS any other strange, odd, or "don't miss" places that we shouldn't drive past without stopping.
Extra bonus points the closer to I-75 it is, and double-points if you know the exit number :-)
Seriously, thanks for your help, and let me know if I can share any tips for Toronto, New England, or recipes, whatever!