I find there are many restaurants that get great reviews that i am not crazy about their food. I find the opposite quite often also, where a place gets a bad review and I love the food. In any case, there are so many restaurants that have loads of hype that don't live up to the hype. There are many with famous names that I can't believe are still in business, and there are those that have good food but just not as good as the ratings .
here's a couple for me:
1) Mr Chow's - very famous, lots of celebs, poor food and a rip off
2) Sarge's Deli - just all around terrible, but gets great reviews
3) Keste - I don't like there pizza, it's too soggy for me
4) The Harrison- I've returned food more than once here
5) Smith and Wollensky- terrible steaks
There are loads more even some of the best known. OK i'll name another 2
Sho -- nice place, but they lack a lot
Blue Water Grill- Not very good but packs them in.
Sara Beth's- a welcome site in Tribeca, a total disappointment
Megu- beautiful place, ok cooked food. Below par sushi and sashimi, expensive