I am planning a trip for my boyfriend and myself for April and I am having a bit of difficulty trying to decide on where to eat (and WHAT to eat when I am there). Any suggestions, recommendations on what to eat, if the restaurants are worth going to or not, would be greatly appreciated
In addition I have a few questions:
- Any recommendations for great places for after dinner drinks (great cocktails or wine bars).
- Recommendations on where I can find great spanish hams i.e. jamon iberico - Some other places I would like to fit in are Five Points for the Yukon Gold Potato Pizza (is this worth the trip?) vs. Pizza such as DiFara or other choices I am open to as well
- I am on the fence about the Black Label Burger at Minetta as I have heard many mixed reviews - your thoughts?
Day 1 Lunch:
Shake Shack and Luke's Lobster
Dinner: Scarpetta (Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil, Ravioli)
Wine Bar: Ardesia
Lunch: EMP (4 course vs. full tasting, and wine pairing?)
Dinner (?): Ten Bells Wine Bar (Happy Hour) - is it worth staying for the bar snacks for dinner or should we move on at this point?
Breakfast: Clinton Street Baking (pancakes -- other recommendations)
Lunch: Sushi of Gari (Chirashi) - should we order the Tuna of Gari (worth the $49?)
Lunch: Maialino (spaghetti carbonara -- what else should I order)
Dinner: Txikito vs. Tertulia vs. Casa Mono?
Day 5 - Russ and Daughters (lox bagel)
- Caracas Arepas
- Momofuko Noodle Bar (Pork bun)
- Doughnut Plant (PB&J, and any other recommendations) vs. Bathalzar's Nut Donut??
- Sugar Sweet Sunshine (cupcake)
- Pomme Frites