For an upcoming first trip to Singapore, my wife and I have carved out 48 hours of tourist time. We would really appreciate your recommendations for "must eat", "must see" places.
We have a preference for Asian/Southeast Asian cuisine on this trip. Our preliminary thoughts are these (we are staying at Raffles):
* breakfasts on Arab St. and Little India. Recommended places and selections?
* morning sightseeing in these two neighborhoods and Chinatown.
* Hawker fare for lunch. Best locations and best choices?
* Afternoons free, with perhaps a visit to the Botanical Gardens and new sculptural, greeenhouse spaces under construction.
* must see Marina Bay Sands Hotel for the view, the pool, and perhaps a drink/dinner. Your favorite place there?
* Dinners? Think we will need a sit down air conditioned restaurant or two. Looking for top design, lively atmosphere and delicious food. Flexible on price point.
Thanks very much for your thoughts.