A conference will be bringing to DC in a few months and I'm starting to get my dining itinerary together. Always like to try the best a city has to offer with a skew toward fine dining.
Dinner: Little Serow vs Rasika (original location)
- I want to see what the hype is about at Little Serow and don't have issues with waiting for a table. Any idea on what the line will be like on a weeknight? What time should I get there if I want to sit around 8PM? Rasika is the back-up plan--already been there and enjoyed it.
Dinner: Komi vs Rogue 24 vs CityZen vs ?
- The conference is at the Omni in the Zoo area, but lunch doesn't need to be nearby. I'd like to keep it around 1.5-2 hours, including travel time. Suggestions welcome.
- I'm very interested in Komi, but the photography ban instituted by Monis is enough to cut it from the list and spend my money at a more accommodating restaurant. However, if it is "that special" to make it worth leaving the camera in my hotel room, I'll consider it. I understand that Rogue 24 removed their photo ban recently but I wonder if the style may be too similar to Minibar, to which I've already committed. Read very good things about CityZen and it may be nice to have a more "classic" as opposed to "modern" meal.
(Please, no editorializing on photography at restaurants. I'm not one of those people who sets of a flash with every photo or uses a cell phone to take blurry pics. I use a professional-grade DSLR and appropriate lens to capture photos in low light.)
- Looking for another lunch suggestion that fits the same criteria as above.
- Minibar is set as I'm meeting with friends who also want to go. Please don't waste your time trying to talk me out of it.
Dinner: Table 21 at Volt vs ?
- I'll be skipping out of the conference on this day to go sightseeing. Lunch could be anything in the city, but convenient to the National Mall area would be better.
- I'm going to try for the early seating at Table 21 at Volt and will be renting a car just for that evening to go to the restaurant if I get the reservation. The back-up plan would be any of the other choices from Day #2.
Thanks for any input you guys have.