Took the 7am Bos/NYC Chinatown bus($10)arrived 11am armed with reviews from this board.
1. Nha Trang...the crispy squid was worth the trip alone, also decent salt/pepper shrimp and spring rolls.
2. Lower East Side Tenement Museum for son's school project on an historic place, The tour was impressive to say the least.
3. Pick a Bagel for famous NY Black And White. I don't get what all the fuss is about, it was ok but nothing to write home about.
4.Hotel 31, very clean and adequate hotel for short money.
5. 5th ave, rock center,nbc,cbs walking around is getting us hungary.
6.Island Burger. GREAT place. My black and blue(blackened beef and blue cheese) was the perfect burger.
7.Lincoln Center to see fountain where Cher and Nicolas Cage met b4 opera.
8.Ziegfield Theater to see Chicago, what a great old theater,gotta love the velvet.
9.Times Sq for the lights and Toy R Us ferris wheel.
10.Grand Central station and another couple of black and whites from a deli to bring back to room with tea.
11. next morning off to the Malcolm Forbes collection, street cart for coffee, bagels and pastry. these stands are very good for the money, and the Forbes collection is great, I loved the tin soldier displays.
12.through Washington Sq towards Little Italy and Lombardi's. This is great pizza, also had tasty potabello app.
13. Chinatown Ice Cream factory, out of green tea ice cream. tangerine sorbert hit the spot.
14. souveneir time, faux Kate Spade bag for $18, and an old man made a jade daggar necklace for my son for $3.
15. This was the best; At Tea And Tea the ginger black tea sweetened with milk. I would love to be able to recreate this at home.
16. 20 mini cakes for $1. from guy on street.
17. almond cookies and coconut buns to go for bus ride home.
18. 3pm bus to Boston.
thanks NY chow hounds for all the tips..I'll be back.