How come no CHs post about this place? Maybe it's a fav. spot but...........but what?
Well, anyway, tonight, only our second visit here, we had a veritable '10' experience. Amazing lovely, helpful ,well informed waitress, Chelsea, combined with an unusual delicious drink and a perfectly executed roster of dishes to give us a great time.
* Ginjo Gimlet: so refreshing and not sweet: sake, lime juice, ginger syrup
* Tea smoked spare ribs- even better than before. Purely Sublime- smoky, silky, tender, succulent perfection.
* Shiitake Omelet- you'll never think about omelets in the same way after this one. Like a napoleon- a tall wedge of many thin layers of egg. Oyster sauce, sambal and plentiful shiitakes make for a complex simplicity of moist punchy flavors.
* Wok-charred Udon with baby bok choy, chicken and oyster sauce. Heady perfume. Heady eating.
* Butternut squash coconut soup- could not be any better. I could live on this velvet essence.
* coconut cream pie- but would have been even better if custard had been made w/ coconut milk
* intense dark chocolate terrine w/ cocoa nibs and coffee whipped cream. MAjor flavor.
- Panko crusted lemon chicken- very clean bright flavors
- Sweet potato sausage patties -lacked oomph of before
-signature short rib tacos- maybe I was just so bowled over by the tea smoked short ribs that I couldn't appreciate these as much.
What's my New Year's resolution? To try Erbaluce, Neptune Oyster, Island Creek Oyster Bar, Bondir,
O Ya, Craigie on Main. And to become a regular at Myers and Chang. In the realms of Asian and Asian Fusion, we Bostonians should count ourselves so lucky to have both an East by Northeast and a Myers and Chang (and an O Ya for the blow-out times.)
Any suggestions for when we next return? Thanks much.
9 East Street, Boston, MA 02111
63 Salem St Ste 1, Boston, MA 02113
Myers + Chang
1145 Washington St, Boston, MA 02118
Craigie on Main
853 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
69 Church Street, Boston, MA 02116
East by Northeast
1128 Cambridge Street, Cambridge, MA 02139
279 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
Updated 12 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 9 months ago | 8