This list isn't in order (except for maybe #1 & #2), but here's a list of 10 things I love to eat in the Slope. I'm sure there are a few things I left off and there are a few places loved on this board I haven't tried yet (Tempo, Convivium, etc.), but here are 10 items I always enjoy.
1) Any pasta dish at Al Di La -- Every one I've tried has been sublime.
2) The venison at Applewood -- Sometimes I just sit and think about how wonderful it is. It melts in your mouth.
3) The pumpkin pie ice cream at Uncle Louie's -- There's no way it should be as good as it is, but it is.
4) The salt cod fritters at Little Dishes -- The combo of the fritters and celery root blows me away every time.
5) The ciabatta eggs benedict at Stone Park Cafe -- The Hollandaise sauce is a thing of beauty.
6) A white pie with peppers at Anthony's -- They are masters of the white pie. It's delicate and rich at the same time.
7) The falafel at the New Rabia Cafe -- They get it right.
8) The celery and potato soup (with smoked salmon) at Cafe Steinhof -- It's a blanket to me.
9) A plain slice at Joe's Pizza -- This is a nostaligia thing. I used to work near the Joe's in the West Village and these guys get it close enough to make me happy. A classic, simple NYC slice.
10) And, for fun, the cajun bloody mary at Two Boots -- It's a meal *and* a decongestant.
As I said, not comprehensive and I'm sure there's room for plenty of debate on my selections (either restaurants or items), but if anyone else wants to play along, be my guest.
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 2 years ago | 8
Updated 11 months ago | 4
Updated 2 years ago | 5
Updated 1 month ago | 5