Cafe Gibraltar is a reliable favorite in Half Moon Bay, so it’s no surprise that Husky found perfectly prepared Mediterranean food (especially seafood) with organic ingredients and creative flair on a visit there.
Husky’s menu picks were:
• Turkish octopus and calamari salad
• Delicious and refreshing watermelon and feta salad, with roasted walnuts and harissa-citrus dressing
• White fish crudo with coconut cream, avocado, and jalapeño
• Oysters three ways: raw with avocado, fried with watermelon relish, and, best of all, roasted with pimenton aioli
• Provençal rabbit with mushrooms, onions, and herbs served over house-made pappardelle
• Sardinian cassola, a light, tomatoey stew with scallops, crabs, and fish
The wine list is well-chosen and reasonable. Chef Jose Luis Ugalde also has a casual restaurant, Chez Shea, on Main Street in Half Moon Bay, points out pamf, where the menu is more eclectic and global.
Cafe Gibraltar [Peninsula]
425 Avenue Alhambra, El Granada
Chez Shea [Peninsula]
408 Main Street, Half Moon Bay
Board Link: Cafe Gibraltar - El Granada (Half Moon Bay)