NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF RESIDENCE WITH A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. (“CBSI”), Saab AB, 4327 Delemere Court, Royal Oak, MI 48073 and INGENUITY MEDIA GROUP, THE MARTIN AGENCY, 71 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the “Chow.com 2011 Chefs to Watch Bracket Challenge” (the “Sweepstakes“) operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain “chow.com” (the “Chow Service“), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules“) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia; and (b) at least 18 years old and age of majority in their state of residence with a valid driver’s license at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, dealers and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 U.S., in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Sweepstakes Description & Entering: Sweepstakes description: the Sweepstakes is a bracket style game tied to the Chow Service’s “2011 Chefs to Watch Bracket Challenge” (the “Tournament”). On or around May 1, 2011, the selection committee will seed the 2011 Chefs to Watch based on the Chow Service editorial staff opinions. Participants will vote on the different chefs’ match-ups (each match-up consists of 2 chefs competing against each other, winner decided by public vote) in the Tournament. The Tournament will commence with sixteen (16) chefs, the number of chefs will be narrowed down to one (1) through weekly voting/entry periods (“Entry period(s)”). There will be 4 different Entry Periods as described below. Participants acquire an entry into the Sweepstakes by voting on the Tournament during an Entry Period.
Entering the Sweepstakes: Participants need to go to http://www.chowhound.com/the-innovators-chefs-to-watch-in-2011 on the Chow Service during the Promotional Period (as defined below) and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your name, address, email address, date of birth, phone number, cast a vote in the Tournament, and hit the submit button to receive an entry into this Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person per weekly Entry Period. There is a maximum of four (4) entries per person during the Promotional Period.
4. Promotional Period: The Promotion begins on May 2, 2011 at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 29, 2011 (the “Promotional Period“). The schedule of the Entry Periods is as follows:
Week 1 Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 PM PT on May 2, 2011 and end at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 8, 2011. During this Entry Period, the sixteen (16) starting chefs will be narrowed down to eight (8) via public voting.
Week 2 Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 AM PT on May 9, 2011 and end at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 15, 2011. During this Entry Period, the eight (8) remaining chefs will be narrowed down to four (4) via public voting.
Week 3 Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 AM PT on May 16, 2011 and end at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 22, 2011. During this Entry Period, the four (4) remaining chefs will be narrowed down to two (2) via public voting.
Week 4 Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 AM PT on May 23, 2011 and end at 11:59:59 PM PT on May 29, 2011. During this Entry Period, the two (2) remaining chefs will be narrowed down to the one (1) via public voting, who will be declared the winner of the Chow.com 2011 Chefs to Watch Bracket Challenge. The winning chef’s restaurant will be featured in the Grand Prize package outlined in section 5 of these official rules.
5. Grand Prize: The Sweepstakes will award one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) that consists of a trip for two (2) to the host city of the restaurant of the Chef who wins the Tournament. Trip includes round-trip airfare (coach class), 3 day/2 night hotel accommodations, ground transportation to and from the airport and to and from the restaurant (depending on the location of the hotel to restaurant) and Five Hundred US Dollars ($500.00) spending cash towards the meal at the restaurant. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars ($3,500.00), certain terms and restriction apply. See section 6, Prize Restrictions.
6. Prize Restrictions: All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages and gratuities, are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) and guest. If Grand Prize Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of the host city, ground transportation may be in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on place of departure city and dates of travel, no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value. Specifics of travel package are subject to availability and Sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and provide all necessary travel documents required. Guest of the Grand Prize Winner must be at least 18 years old, and must sign and return a publicity release (except where prohibited) and an affidavit of liability release prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize is nontransferable.
All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. If trip is canceled, rescheduled, or if for any reason, Sponsor is unable to provide the restaurant portion of the trip or Grand Prize Winner cannot take the trip on the dates specified by the Sponsor, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner other than to supply the trip portion as described within one (1) year from date of prize notification, minus the restaurant experience and ground transfers. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize Winner and/or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of Grand Prize or any portion of Grand Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Grand Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should Grand Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Grand Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification: Grand Prize will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The random Prize drawing will take place on or about June 1, 2011. The Prize drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during five (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
8. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Grand Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms“) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Grand Prize notification or the Grand Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if the Grand Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two (2) attempts for new alternates will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Grand Prize will not be awarded.
10. Travel Companion Liability and Publicity Release. Prize Winner’s travel companion must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release, a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the “Travel Companion Release Forms“) prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent travel companion of a Grand Prize Winner from participating in the trip.
11. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities, its licensors, copyright owners and production companies to use Grand Prize Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Grand Prize or any part of the Grand Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Grand Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Grand Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Grand Prize and/or return of the Grand Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Sweepstakes: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Grand Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, dealers, licensors, copyright owners, production companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
15. Damaged Property: Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
16. Sweepstakes Errors: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, dealers, licensors, copyright owners and production companies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(s) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
17. Grand Prize and Grand Prize Winner: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, dealers, licensors, copyright owners and production companies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
18. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, dealers, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
19. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, DEALERS, LICENSORS, COPYRIGHT OWNERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
24. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winner send a self addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 30, 2011 to Winner’s List “Chow.com 2011 Chefs to Watch Bracket Challenge” c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked Official Rules “Chow.com 2011 Chefs to Watch Bracket Challenge” for receipt by May 30, 2011; residents from VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Prize Winner may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the Chow Service.