Hounds have been chatting about the best pork preparations in Boston. Some of their suggestions include:
• The roast pork sandwich at J Pace & Son, made with “beautifully moist roast pork piled on that awesome Pace Italian roll,” and great with pickles and peppers, says Carty. “Be warned: there has got to be a pound of pork in this behemoth.”
• Spicy steamed pork ribs with rice flour at Chung Shin Yuan (weekend lunch only).
• Anything with pork in it at FuLoon, like the “dong po pork belly dish … melt-in-your-mouth sinful & scrumptious!” says Taralli.
• The baby pig special, Fridays only, at Scampo.
• The pork chop with vinegar peppers at Vinny’s At Night in Somerville.
• And the pad ga pow moo krob (crispy fried pork belly in chili sauce) at S&I Thai in Allston.
J Pace & Son [Various Locations]
325 Main Street, Saugus
Chung Shin Yuan [Newton]
183 California Street, Newton
375 Main Street, Malden
Scampo [West End]
215 Charles Street, Boston
Vinny’s At Night [Somerville]
76 Broadway, Somerville
S&I Thai [Allston]
168-A Brighton Avenue, Allston
Board Link: Pork and Pork