A drizzle of white truffle oil is an easy way to add a bit of luxury and lots of rich flavor to all kinds of dishes. High heat saps its power, so use it to dress finished dishes. Use it judidiciously, as a little goes a long way and too much can impart a harsh taste. Store it in the fridge to keep the flavor strong.
Here are some of Chowhounds’ favorite uses for white truffle oil:
• Drizzle over pasta, gnocchi, or risotto
• Top scrambled eggs, Swiss cheese omelet, or cheese soufflé
• Drizzle on mushroom soup or sautéed mushrooms
• Combine with melted butter and toss with popcorn
• Add to mashed potatoes (like these Truffled Fingerling Smashed Potatoes)
• Dress a simple green salad with oilve oil, white truffle oil, and salt and pepper
coll uses it on tomato and mozzarella salad during the summer, saying it “makes it taste peppery in a way that pepper can’t.” And AnglophileLV mixes a bit with honey and drizzles over Granny Smith apple slices, brie, and candied walnuts.
Board Link: How do you use white truffle oil?