The AP reports:

“Blowfish testicles prepared by an unauthorized chef sickened seven diners in northern Japan and three remained hospitalized Tuesday after eating the poisonous delicacy.”

The chef-owner of the restaurant that served the sassy balls had no license to serve blowfish; that’s a serious infraction when you consider that improperly prepared fugu killed three people in Japan in 2007 and sickened 44 others.

As to why the grilled, potentially deadly blowfish testicles were something that a group of otherwise rational people might want to pay good money to eat, the article was mum.

See more articles