A baked potato is a great blank canvas for a creative dinner, lunch, or snack. Toppings can span the globe.
Top a spud with:
• Crystal hot sauce and drizzled olive oil
• Well-cooked black beans and chopped cilantro
• Indian dal, channa masala, or saag paneer
• Balsamic vinegar and herb-infused oils
• Mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and blue cheese
• Shrimp with cream sauce or Creole sauce
Another creative option is removing some of the potato from the skin, mixing it with other ingredients, and restuffing. Mix potato flesh with crumbled strips of crisp bacon, sautéed cabbage, and garlic. Try a potato mix with smoked Gouda or smoked cheddar. And there is the always favorite spud stuffing: sour cream/crème fraîche, sharp cheddar, and chopped scallions.
And spuds for breakfast: Bake a large yam or sweet potato and top with granola and honey.
Board Link: Favorite Baked Potato Toppings?