It’s official: Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening now, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14.
The online retailer’s annual sales event usually happens in summer, but was postponed due to coronavirus, with long shipping delays only recently starting to end. (Earlier reports put this year’s Prime Day no sooner than August or September, since any later and it would start to cut into the holiday shopping season—but consider this mid-October event the kickoff if you haven’t started yet.)
Sign Up for Amazon Prime Membership
Take advantage of Amazon deals on Prime Day and every day.
When Is Prime Day 2020?
Prime Day 2020 is on Oct. 13 and 14 (by contrast, in 2019 it kicked off on Jul. 15), and we’re keeping tabs on all the best kitchen and home deals.
What Are the Best Amazon Prime Day Deals?
Check out some highlights below, or browse for more deals like:
- Up to 40 percent off daily essentials by Amazon (think: pet supplies, personal care items, and even coffee pods)
- Up to 20 percent off pantry staples from cereal to seltzer
- $10 credit to use on Prime Day when you spend $10 on qualifying items at Whole Foods between Sept. 28 and Oct. 14 (restrictions apply)
Kitchen Appliances, Tools & Cookware
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 8-Quart Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer, $119.99 from Amazon (33% off)
You save $60 off the regular price and get yet another function in America's favorite multicooker.
Look out for low prices on blenders, coffee makers, and espresso machines.
Vitamix Explorian Blender, $179 from Amazon (34% off)
Grab a refurbished Vitamix at a great low price before they're gone.
Check out all the best Prime Day kitchen and home deals here (we’ll be updating it regularly as things sell out and new deals become available).
Amazon Product Lines
While they’re not as obviously food-related, the Fire tablet, Echo Spot, Echo Dot, and Echo Show are also helpful in the kitchen—from assisting with recipes and cooking questions to making it easy to update your grocery list (or just watch Netflix while you’re boiling pasta)—and we suspect they’ll sell just as well in 2020 as they did for the past couple years. Since they’re Amazon’s own brand, they’ll often more deeply discounted too.
Echo Dot 3rd Gen Smart Speaker with Alexa, $18.99 from Amazon (62% off)
Prime members can snag one (or more) for cheap right now.
Whole Foods Deals
How Can You Get the Best Prime Day Deals?
No matter what you’re looking for, the best deals will likely be exclusive to Amazon Prime members, but other discounts will still be offered to all—check out The Cheapskate’s tips on making the most of Prime Day (and making sure you’re actually getting good deals during the mega shopping event) on Chowhound sister site CNET.
If you’re not currently a Prime subscriber, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial in time for this year’s Prime Day event.
Naturally, other retailer sites like Walmart and Target are offering their own Prime Day deals to counter the discounts available at Amazon.
For most of those deals, you won’t need to be a member (although that may confer extra perks—i.e., Target credit card holders will often get extra savings). We’ll cover all the best of those as well.
See our picks for the best Walmart and Target deals right now, and some more highlights from other retailers below:
- Best Buy is having an early Black Friday sale with great deals on air fryers, a $30 multicooker, and a KitchenAid stand mixer.
Oster Multipurpose Air Fryer Oven, $90 from Best Buy (36% off)
This air fryer also acts as a countertop convection oven.
- The cult-favorite Always Pan is on sale for $30 off through Oct. 14. Check out our review to see what it’s all about.
Always Pan, $115 from Our Place (20% off)
Get this sale price by using code SHOPSMALL at checkout through Oct. 14.
- The ever-popular Thermapen digital thermometer is 25 percent off through Oct. 14 too, as is ThermoWorks’ Smoke Remote BBQ Alarm Thermometer.
Thermapen Mk4, $74.25 from ThermoWorks (25% off)
Perfect for your favorite pitmaster (or yourself).
- Macy’s has a number of items on sale and many include extra discounts with code THANKYOU at checkout, like this Cuisinart mandoline at 50 percent off that’s perfect for thin, even slices of any fruit or veggie; a 7-piece J.A. Henckels knife set slashed well under $100; this petite $34 Bella air fryer; a 6-quart Martha Stewart Dutch oven for $70; or this steal of a pantry storage set.
Tools of the Trade 16-Piece Food Storage Set, $31.49 from Macy's (64% off plus extra 30% off with code)
Organize your pantry with this steeply discounted storage set.
- Best Prime Day tech deals
- Best Prime Day gaming deals
- Best Prime Day kitchen deals
- Best Prime Day fashion, beauty, and home decor deals
- Best Prime Day business deals
- Best Prime Day IT deals
Header image courtesy of Shutterstock