Blue cheese gives a punch of flavor that goes perfectly with cocktails or wine. Try these six simple ideas for appetizers that Chowhounds love:
1. Stuff endive with a mixture of blue cheese, cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and snipped chives, and top with crushed nuts. – ChervilGeorge
3. Go “decadent” with warm Bacon Blue Cheese Dip. – foodieX2
4. Combine equal parts Roquefort and room-temperature unsalted butter, form into 1-inch balls, and roll in crushed walnuts or pecans. – cheesemaestro
5. Combine equal parts blue cheese and butter, spread on baguette slices, and top with sliced radishes. – blue room
6. Stuff mushroom caps with blue cheese, crabmeat, and bacon, then broil until just browned. – dordalina
Discuss: Blue Cheese Appetizers…..
Photo of CHOW’s Endive with Figs, Blue Cheese, and Pecans by Chris Rochelle / CHOW.com