SF Bay Area
Food and drink that has us seeing gold
Happy December! Whether you are a sucker for Christmas tunes or just love a good cookie, (think peppermint sandwich cookies or browned butter shortbread!), these recipes from the #feedfeed community will get you in the mood to bust out your mixer. We've got all the classics, plus a few fun renditions (like these melting snowman cookies), and hundreds of gingerbread, eggnog, peppermint, hot cocoa, and of course, more cookie recipes to keep you occupied all the way through New Years!
1. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by @livforcake
Kick off your holiday baking with these perfectly seasonal Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint candies. Save a few for the freezer to package nicely and give as a gift later in the season.
Want gluten? Sub in regular all purpose flour for the same results and release your inner child and decorate! Get the recipe
3. Melting Snowman Sugar Cookies by @lisatutmanoglesby
Cut a marshmallow in half to make the head for these melting snowman cookies.
4. Candied Blood Orange Shortbread Cookies by @northdixiekitchen
These shortbread cookies are equally eye-catching and delicious. They also make a beautiful holiday gift.
5. Chewy Spiced Molasses Cookies by @ilovegan
Pefectly spicy, chewy, soft, and everything you'd want in a molasses cookie. Plus, they're vegan!
6. Peppermint Sandwich Cookies by @celebratingsweets
Sweet peppermint buttercream sandwiched between two pillowy chocolate cookies and rolled in crushed candy canes.
7. White Chocolate Macarons by @trufflejournal
Going for something a bit more refined this year? Try homemade macarons with a red shell and vanilla buttercream filling.
8. Ginger and Cardamom Linzer Cookies Filled with Raspberry Jam by @thespicetrain
Linzer cookies are a classic Christmas sandwich-style cookie with a jam filling. We love this take with ginger and cardamom to add a bit of extra warmth and spice.
9. Ginger Cookies with Eggnog Frosting by @bakerbynature
If you love eggnog, these chewy gingerbread cookies make the perfect base for creamy eggnog frosting.
10. Chocolate Dipped Espresso Shortbread by @tutti_dolci
Add espresso and dip in dark chocolate to take your classic shortbread recipe to the next level.
11. Homemade Christmas Cookie Decorating Kit by @halfbakedharvest
Gift this DIY cookie decorating kit, complete with recipe cards, cookie cutters, homemade icing and cookies, decorating candies and more.
12. Gianduja Chocolate Crescent Cookies by @eatinmykitchen
Gianduja, a sweet chocolate hazelnut paste, is added to the dough to make these flavorful crescent cookies.
13. Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies by @foodnessgracious
Upgrade your chocolate chip cookies with the addition of salted caramel.
14. Chocolate Cut Out Sugar Cookies by @bakingamoment
These Chocolate Sugar Cookies are an easy alternative to classic sugar cookies, with just a bit more richness. They also hold shape while baking to yield picture-perfect results.
15. Peppermint Bark Skillet Cookie by @thejudylab
Bake a giant peppermint bark skillet cookies, grab a few friends, and dig in. Best eaten straight out of the oven & topped with ice cream!
16. Christmas Tree Shortbread by @justataste
What a smart idea, these shortbread Christmas Trees are baked in a circular cake pan then cut into 8 pie pieces and drizzled with icing & sprinkles!
17. Chocolate Dipped Holiday Meringue Cookies by @now_forager
Take inspiration from these elegant meringue cookies once you've dipped them in chocolate then add your favor crunchy topping crumbled peppermint candy, eggnog spiced hazelnut and gingerbread pistachio.
Cover photo by @thesweetandsimplekitchen