SF Bay Area
Food and drink that has us seeing gold
1. The Tower Bar at the Sunset Tower Hotel (West Hollywood). Not only do they shake up one of the best martinis in town (extra dirty please), but just being part of this crowd will make anyone feel A-list. The main courses are not worth their pretty penny, but if you keep it basic with the Tower burger and end with a create-your-own sundae, you'll be A-OK with your life decisions for the night. Celebs we've sighted include: Katy Perry, Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Drew Barrymore, Seth McFarland.
2. The Nice Guy (West Hollywood). This exclusive nighttime spot is where young Hollywood goes for party time. With live music or a DJ, delish pizzas to grub on and the best photobooth in town, you'll stay all night long (and then some). Celebs we've sighted include: Gigi Hadid, most of the Kardashian clan, Justin Bieber, Taylor Lautner, Zayn Malik, Selena Gomez, Harry Stiles, Rhianna, Cara Delevingne, Drake.
3. Craig's (West Hollywood). The paparazzi are posted out front of this old school Italian restaurant everyday from open to close. It's pricey but what wouldn't you pay for a chance to take a shot of George Clooney's Casamigos Tequila with George himself? We recommend the Chicken Parm and eating slowly, as you never know who could sneak in through the back door and booth up next to you. Celebs we've sighted include: George Clooney, James Cann, Billy Crystal, Maria Menounous, Cindy Crawford, Elton John, John Stamos, Jane Fonda.
5. Chateau Marmont (West Hollywood). The restaurant in this famous hotel is a place to see and be seen. Don't try "winging it" unless you're recognizably famous or you like disappointment (trust us, we've tried) -- but when you're lucky enough to get up there you feel like you've made it. Share a cheese and charcuterie board and a bottle of wine and call it a day. Celebs we've sighted include: Charlize Thereon, Scarlett Johansson, Henry Cavill, Julianne Hough, Emma Roberts, Emily Ratajkowski.
6. Jitlada (Thaitown). This hole in the wall southern Thai food spot in a strip mall off Sunset Blvd. always has a wait (no reservations) and the food is beyond spicy (but sooo worth the time and the pain). What it lacks in atmosphere it makes up for in amazingly bold flavors (legit everything we've tried has not disappointed). You'll feel like you're in on a little secret with Hollywood's most elite. Celebs we've sighted include: Ryan Gosling, Mindy Kaling, Harrison Ford, Justin Long, Miles Teller, Aziz Ansari, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis.
Alie & Alex
Eat Drink Dish Repeat is the go-to site for the “real dish” on the ever-changing Los Angeles food & drink scene. Alex and Alie understand that a lot more goes into a good dining experience than just food so their “always honest” approach offers you everything you need to know before you embark on a foodie adventure; who to bring, who you’ll see, what to wear, where to park, what to order & more importantly, what NOT to order, etc... Follow along to ensure that every outing will be an amazing one. You’re welcome.