Spicy Tuna Maki
Gruyère Tuna Melt
Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
- Kiwi Vinaigrette
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet riesling vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 lb. ahi or albacore tuna steaks
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 3/4-2 oz. micro greens
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 1To prepare vinaigrette, puree or mash kiwi and press through a fine mesh strainer. Add to a blender with vinegar and blend to combine. With the blender running, drizzle in olive oil very slowly to emulsify. Season with salt and set aside. To prepare salad, brush tuna with olive oil and season with salt. Grill or sear for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Slice tuna and arrange slices on 4 serving plates. Toss micro greens with a small amount of vinaigrette and place greens on top of tuna. Place kiwi slices on plate and serve with any remaining vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.