Thai Iced Coffee
The perfect accompaniment to Pad Thai or another spicy Thai dish. Decaf works fine for an after dinner treat.
- 1 Cup strong coffee
- 2-4 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ Teaspoon cardamom
- Whole milk, heavy cream or half-and-half
- ¼ Teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- A dash of cinnamon and coriander
- 1Add sugar, vanilla and spices to the hot coffee. Taste for sweetness and add sugar and spices if needed.
- 2Pour coffee in to two or more sections of an ice cube tray and place in freezer. Place the remainder of the spiced coffee in the refrigerator.
- 3Once coffee has frozen and chilled, place the ice cubes in a tall glass and pour coffee over. To create a “layered effect,”float a spoon on top of the coffee and pour milk into spoon until it overflows to the desired level.
- 4Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved