In honor of the Baltimore Ravens football player from Tennessee and the family that transformed his life (as depicted in the 2010 Oscar-nominated film The Blind Side), we concocted the Tennessee Tea(m). This drink is based on a Tennessee Tea, usually made with Jack Daniel’s whiskey, Triple Sec, sweet-and-sour mix, and Coke. In this version, we substituted lemon juice for the sweet-and-sour mix and beer for the Coke—an unlikely marriage that works.
This recipe was featured as part of our Best Picture Cocktails story.
- Large ice cubes
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 ounces Tennessee whiskey, such as Jack Daniel’s
- 2 ounces light beer, such as Corona
- 1 slice of lemon or lemon peel, for garnish
Fill a chilled collins glass with ice. Add lemon juice, Cointreau or Triple Sec, whiskey, and beer and stir until combined. Garnish with lemon slice or peel.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved