Tangy Moroccan Carrot Appetizer
Moroccan Carrot Appetizer is one of my favorite recipes; It has an exotic taste, is fast and easy to make, and will impress guests. The first time I ever had this delectable dish was in a Moroccan restaurant, and it was love at first bite.
Eat it with warm pita and humus as an appetizer.
It is also allergy friendly . It is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, nut free,
- 10 whole organic carrots ( or a 1 pound bag)
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped very fine
- 2-3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped ( or use parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- 1 tsp freshly ground sea salt
- 1In a small bowl, make a marinade of the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, olive oil, and sea salt and set aside
- 2Steam whole carrots in a steamer until tender ( about 10 minutes).
- 3Remove from steamer, slice carrrots on board, put into a glass bowl and pur marinade over the hot carrots.
- 4Toss in the cilantro, refrigerate and allow flavors to mingle for about 4-6 hours.
- 5Serve as an appetizer or side dish
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved