Tangy Apple and Beet Salad
Rounded out with radicchio and blue cheese, this full-flavored salad could be eaten on its own. Or serve it with a braised dish for the ultimate cold-weather meal.
Game plan: For how to roast beets, check out this recipe.
This recipe was featured as part of our Fall Ingredients photo gallery.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 peeled, small-dice apple
- 1 small-dice roasted beet
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Treviso radicchio
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 1 ounce)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Place the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and mustard in a large, nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine. Add the diced apple and beet and toss until well coated in the vinaigrette.
- 2Add the radicchio and blue cheese and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly combine, taste, and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved