Spiced Candied Pecans
Adapted from "Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana" by Donald Link
With just the right amount of spice and salt to keep you snacking, these nuts by NOLA chef Donald Link (Cochon, Herbsaint) are an ideal companion for a Vieux Carré, or toss some atop a green salad.
Game plan: If you prefer other nuts over pecans, feel free to substitute them in this recipe.
This recipe was featured as part of our Mardi Gras Recipes photo gallery.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound whole, raw pecans
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Place all ingredients except the butter and nuts in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and stir until incorporated. Add the nuts and stir until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once, until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool on the baking sheet.
Recipe provided by Chef Donald Link, author of Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link’s Louisiana.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved