Salty Hazelnut Brittle
This brittle is a quick, sweet treat you can whip up and snack on as is, or chop up and sprinkle over ice cream for an impressive garnish.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup or agave nectar
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Place sugar, water, and corn syrup or agave nectar in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until mixture starts to brown, about 14 minutes. Gently swirl the pan until the mixture is an even, deep amber color, about 1 minute more.
- 3Immediately remove from heat and quickly stir in nuts and salt. Pour immediately onto the prepared baking sheet, spread in an even layer, and let cool. Once cool, break into small pieces and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved