Roasted Rosemary Walnuts
Nuts and booze are a tried-and-true combination for any happy hour or cocktail party. Here the addition of rosemary and black pepper classes up the combo without getting too fussy.
Game plan: These nuts will last up to 10 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe was featured as part of both our Academy Awards Cocktail Party menu and our Bar Snacks photo gallery.
- 5 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Place nuts on a baking sheet. Add remaining ingredients and mix with your hands to evenly coat.
- 3Bake until nuts are browned and toasted, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet, transfer to a bowl, and serve.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved