Table Talk with Nicole Plue, Director of Pastry Arts at SF Cooking School |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Baked Chicken Breast Nuggets
Ponzu Roasted Chicken Breast
Roasted chicken breast with potatoes
- I whole bone in, skin on, chicken breast
- 2 medium size white potatoes (like White Rose) with skins
- Olive oil
- coarse sea salt
I think I got the inspiration for this from Zuni chicken, but since I live alone I just wanted to roast a chicken breast which would taste fantastic. The fat from the chicken flavors and crisps the edges of the potatoes. This is enough for 2 with sides, but it is so easy I often make it for myself and have cold chicken the second day.
- 1Preheat oven to 475F.
- 2Wash and slice potatoes about 1/4 in thick. Put in microwave for about 1 minute to precook a bit.
- 1Lightly oil a non-stick baking pan (8×8 is about right) and distribute potato slices in a neat pile a little larger than the chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Thoroughly dry chicken breast and place, bone side down, in pan over potatoes. Rub skin with olive oil and sprinke with coarse sea salt.
- 3Roast in heated oven until the skin is blistered and brown, about 15 minutes. The potatoes under the skin should be creamy and flavored with chicken fat, and those edges sticking out, brown and crispy.