Table Talk with Michael Pollan of The Omnivore’s Dilemma Tenth Anniversary Edition |
Ask Your Questions Now ›
Chocolate-Raspberry Cream Pie
Raspberry Cheesecake Pie
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Topped with bright berries, this pie has a creamy fresh-tasting filling that is not overly sweet. The pie makes a very pretty looking dessert and it tastes just as good as it looks, let me know how you like it.
- 1In a blender, combine cottage cheese and milk; cover and process until smooth. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cottage cheese mixture, flour and vanilla. Beat in eggs just until blended. Pour into pastry shell (pie will be full). Sprinkle with 1/2 cup raspberries; gently press into filling with the back of a spoon.
- 1Bake at 350 F. for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set (cover edges loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with whipped cream and remaining raspberries. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
- 1See more recipes at www.havefunbaking.com
And check out: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com