Quick Mexican Mashed Potatoes
This is a great quick way to “jazz” up store bought, deli or frozen mashed potatoes. By all means … if you have time make your favorite recipe for mashed potatoes. But like all busy families and as a single Mom, we don’t always have time. This is a great way to give potatoes a whole new taste.
Depending on how spicy you like it, add as much spice as you like.
- 8 cups of mashed potatoes
- 2-3 chipoltes fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese or you can use any of your favorite cheese
- 3 scallions diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Either heat your store bought potatoes or make your favorite recipe.
- 2Add all other ingredients and mix well and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the Chowhound editorial team .
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved